Monday, April 14

Stitching Time



THIS IS WORDYDAVE AT A K/P PHOTOSHOOT IN SEATTLE


I haven't seen the latest figures of how many people are taking how many pictures in how many seconds around the world. Guess you could have done this before the digital camera revolution, but it's impossible to estimate now. Capturing the instant (or a few seconds worth) of the moment digitally provides the current 'gotta-have-it-now' mentality.

Barb was sorting through several bins of old stuff a few days ago. Mementoes saved for daughter Liz and personal stuff for the old couple. There was a box of old pictures that I'd taken a long time ago that jogged the old memory nerves. A few that others had taken that I didn't remember (like the one of me in bed reading 1984 when I was just out of high school). Old negatives that I need to convert for saving. All stuff that will be tossed after we check out of the breathing ward.

We (and our kids) need PROOF that we were young sooner or later. Don't ask me why.

No comments:

Post a Comment