Thursday, October 14
National Stop Shaking Hands Day
It's unofficial. With the rationed flu vaccine, the experts are advising
everyone to stop shaking hands and give a salute instead. This will be
easy for present and former military people, but rather difficult for the
* Try shaking or squeezing each other's left arm.
* Try the ancient custom of kissing each cheek.
* Try giving the other person a modest hug. That's
where only the shoulders touch.
* Just raise your right hand, like you were in court.
* Just smile and say something stupid like, "My doctor
doesn't want me to touch anyone."
Or if you just have to shake hands, always
have a packet of handiwipes with you. Pull one out after each
viral exposure and clean those digits up.