Monday, July 4

Blimping Along



These centuries old airships still strike us terra-firmites with that awe we felt when we were kids. Their unexpected engine drone forces us out of the house to scan the skies for a passing blimp. We would see the Goodyear ship flying over Paso on rare occasions and wonder what it would be like to ride in that little cabin under its silver belly.

I spied one winging south late this morning as I aimed Old Davy down the road toward the dump again with another load of backyard clippings and such. It would steer right over me, so I stopped by the side of the road just in time to get a few shots.

It was like I was back in the 60's with a psychelic (I've almost forgotten how to spell that!) rendition of the Goodyear. Bright and lazy colors topping a lemon yellow cabin! Wow! Click here for a close-up.

Up, Up, and Away in My Beautiful Balloon started playing in the background as I jockeyed for the best camera angle. A much better shot will be in tomorrow's paper most likely. But it was another "glad I've got my camera" moment. Which brings me to say to all of you folks who would take some great pictures if you just had your camera: These are the times of your life! Don't let them slip away.

No comments:

Post a Comment